Call Center Manager for 2-1-1 Maine
The Opportunity Alliance is a local non-profit that delivers a full spectrum of social services and mental healthcare in both community and group home settings. In our work, we improve lives and sometimes save lives.
The Opportunity Alliance is currently seeking a full-time, salaried Call Center Manager to join the team at 2-1-1 Maine. 2-1-1 Maine is a telephone information and referral line that operates 24/7 and serves the entire State of Maine as a referral system for health and human services information.
You will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the 2-1-1 Maine Call Center including scheduling and ensuring quality telephone assistance to callers. You will assist in hiring, training, and evaluating call specialists. You will troubleshoot and provide assistance with difficult and complex calls. You will assess caller requests and provide accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies. You will assist with responding to similar calls for programs that 2-1-1 Maine contracts with and with managing the needs related to the contracts. You will participate in collaborative relationships with statewide agency partners.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Previous experience in a call center required – candidate must have an understanding of call center operations with an ability to manage metrics and call flow.
- BA in a human services related discipline plus one year of experience working in a human services position or Associates degree in a human services related discipline plus three years experience working in a human services position is preferred.
- Computer proficiency and strong Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Desire to make a difference in the lives of our clients and contribute to a team environment is essential.
- A good driving history and ability to pass comprehensive background checks are required.
This is a salaried 40 hour per week position with ability to work a flexible schedule. Schedule may include the opportunity to cover days, nights, overnights and/or weekends.
The pay range is based on experience and education.
Full benefits package is offered including paid time off and holidays, medical, dental, life and disability insurance and 403(b).
The Opportunity Alliance is an AA/ EEO employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.
Resumes and cover letters indicating the position you are applying for are due, in Word or PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: The Opportunity Alliance – HR Recruitment, 50 Monument Square, 6th Floor, Portland Maine, 04101